Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Googly Eyes

Googly Eyes

Tip

Since I don't have those 3D sticker eyes I commonly see in fly tying, hard to source them locally, I make do with what i have or i can easily buy.

We have here, the googly eyes.

I first used them on my popper frogs.

They protrude and they looked buggy, lol.

In one of the youtube videos i saw, can't remember who, for those using craft foam, he suggested that the craft foam be punched using a punch hole or puncher and the eyes be placed inside the craft foam so as to avoid the eyes be easily detached and to have it inset.

Using a heated roundhead screw, with almost the same size as the googly eyes, i burned enough on the foam to create a hole to place the eyes inside.


And now they are sunk.

Will have to do them on my minnows when i make them next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment