Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shimano MLZ 10

Pre-servicing a Shimano MLZ 10

Got me a new toy....
A brand new never been used Shimano MLZ 10.  Made in Japan...

I believe this is a very old reel around 1980's but i can not find any other info aside from what's stated in the spool.

Prior to using the reel, i serviced it so i can be more secure if and when i caught something with it.

Here is the reel prior to servicing...
A nice little ultralight reel.






Spool knob, disk and the spool
Spool with line details.



Reel detail...
Handle held by a single screw with the cap.
 Inside of the reel prior to servicing.  See the old grease turned gray.





All cleaned up and ready for re-assembly


That anti-reverse spring is a pain in the neck to return.
The simple spring loaded anti-reverse lever
Pinion gear
The single ball bearing in the reel, size is 14mm x 8mm x 7mm
Rotor attached, i forgot to take pictures when i disassembled the bail mechanism.
All greased up

Spooled with a 2lbs line.  Ready for some knifefish action..
My homemade spooling station



Made in Japan.

4 comments:

  1. Got one just like it. Really enjoyed that little reel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these reels . My question is why does it click when I feel the line in and not when the when the drag is set?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same one on my jigging rod for ice fishing. I'm curious the age of it myself.

    ReplyDelete