Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade


Having been servicing a few reels the last few months, investing in a good and quality tool is a must.  Saves you the trouble from stripped screws and slipping wrenches.  

Here are some of the tools i'm using and some of my wish list for upgrading these tools to a much better quality.

These are the Wica Precision Tools...
Very nice tool and the feels good on my hands.

This is my Stanley screwdriver set.  I only use the standard screwdriver and not the philips head.


This is my favorite screwdriver set.  These are Japanese Industrial Screw driver.  There is a small difference between a Japanese Industrial standard and the Philips head screw driver.  These Vessel set is supposed to minimized the stripping of the screw head.
My Hedgehog Spool Pin Remover, arrived just recently and have been very happy with the ease to use this very small tool.
For those spool shaft that I can remove prior to removing the rotor, this is what i use to remove the rotor nut.
If the spool shaft can't be removed, the old standby wrench goes to the rescue.

I have yet to remove the shields of any of the bearings i have cleaned and if and when I do, these would be what i would use.  These are dental tools. 
This is what i use to remove those pesky e-clips.
I would like to upgrade this to a digital caliper.  But it does its job. 






No comments:

Post a Comment